Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fast Bilateral-Space Stereo for Synthetic Defocus

I have written a little article in pdf form about Fast Bilateral-Space Stereo for Synthetic Defocus by Jonathan T. Barron, Andrew Adams, YiChang Shih, and Carlos Hernández. This paper describes a promising automatic depth map generator based on a global method that's using the bilateral filter as a smoothness term. I don't think that has ever been done before and it deserves talking about it (although I am sure academics will be over it soon). From what is written in the paper, the optimization method is also used in Google Lens Blur, the camera app, and we all know how good Google Lens Blur is (well, except me since I don't have a smart phone).

Anyways, here's the link: Fast Bilateral-Space Stereo by Ugo Capeto.

I have written my own implementation, Depth Map Automatic Generator 7 (DMAG7), which you are welcome to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment